Let’s take a quick look at today’s prophecy-related headlines which point towards the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. NATO urged Russia this week to destroy a new missile before an August deadline and save a treaty that keeps land-based nuclear warheads out of Europe or face a more determined alliance response in the region.
2. Russia has dispatched several warships, including one of its newer missile frigates, to Cuba in a bid to bolster the floundering regime of Venezuelan dictator Nicolas Maduro.
3. Palestinian officials have dismissed proposals unveiled by President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner for big money projects to form the first economic portion of the Trump administration’s long-awaited Middle East peace plan.
4. More than 5,000 people have been forced to flee their homes after a volcano erupted in a remote part of Papua New Guinea’s West New Britain.
5. Israeli officials believe Russia is responsible for disturbances to the Global Positioning System (GPS) signal covering the airspace at Israel’s Ben Gurion airport.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Jeremiah 31:33-34.
Our Second Coming quote for today is from A.W. Tozer. He said, “This is the kind of age and hour when the Lord’s people should be so alert to the hope and promise of His coming that they should get up every morning just like a child on Christmas morning—eager and believing that it should be today!”