This lasagna could win over any meat lover.
YIELDS:8 – 10
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME:1 HOUR 30 MINS
1 box lasagna noodles
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess liquid
3 c. ricotta
1 large egg
1/2 c. Parmesan
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 c. mozzarella
2 c. marinara
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. Bring a large pot of salted boiling water to a boil and cook lasagna noodles until al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir in thawed and drained frozen spinach until completely combined.
- In a large bowl, stir together ricotta, egg, and Parmesan and season with cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- In a large baking dish, layer 5 lasagna noodles so they’re slightly overlapping. Spoon over a thin layer of marinara and top with a layer of spinach mixture and ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with a layer of mozzarella. Repeat, ending with mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking 15 minutes more.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then garnish with parsley, slice, and serve.