Can a cookie be over-the-top decadent? Make a batch of these ultra-fudgy treats, and you’ll see that the answer is definitively—and deliciously—yes. Dark chocolate chips and chopped maraschino cherries get folded into a rich chocolate dough that bakes up to a brownie-like texture. Finish each cookie with a drizzle of dark chocolate, because why not?
- Prep: 40 MIN
- Total: 4 HR 30 MIN
- Servings: 60
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from heat; stir in sugar. Pour into large bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time until blended. Beat in vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the cherries. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Shape dough into 60 (about 1 1/4-inch) balls. Lightly butter hands if dough is sticky when shaping into balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets; flatten each ball to 1 1/2-inch circle.
4. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
5. In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring halfway through, until chips can be stirred smooth. Spoon into resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut small tip from corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over tops of cookies. Let stand about 2 hours or until chocolate is set. Store covered in airtight container.
SOURCE: Betty Crocker