A North Carolina mother has thanked Jesus for performing a “miracle” after a Good Samaritan saved her infant daughter from choking this past Thanksgiving.
Hannah Marie Jarvis was enjoying the holiday with her family at a Golden Corral restaurant when her 7-month-old baby, Calli, started to choke on some mashed potatoes.
“We were all at the Golden Corral. We were celebrating Thanksgiving,” Jarvis told local news station WLOS. “We were just feeding her some mashed potatoes. She just started gagging all of a sudden. She was choking.”
Hearing the commotion, a waitress came over and yelled out, asking if anyone could help the family. Mother-of-five Deborah Rouse, who was dining at the restaurant, quickly began performing the Heimlich maneuver on the infant.
“This lady named Deborah intervened, and she started performing the Heimlich maneuver on her,” Jarvis said to WLOS. “She held her down, like this, taking multiple blows to her back. It was miraculous, she started breathing again.”
Overjoyed, Jarvis said she and her family hugged Rouse at the restaurant.
“I will never forget the many tears that were shed today in Golden Corral as this angel stepped in to preform the Heimlich maneuver that saved my baby from choking to death. Most importantly, thank you Jesus for hearing our desperate cries for Calli this Thanksgiving afternoon,” Jarvis wrote on Facebook, along with a picture of Rouse posing with Calli. “Christ was with us today.”
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Christian Post, Leah MarieAnn Klett