CNN Is ‘Preparing to Sue’ the White House After Trump Administration Revoked Jim Acosta’s Media Credentials, Alleges Veteran Journalist Sam Donaldson Who Claims He Has Been Asked to Write an Affidavit on the Broadcaster’s Behalf

CNN might be preparing to sue the White House after the Trump administration revoked reporter Jim Acosta’s media credentials.

Floyd Abrams, a veteran lawyer and expert in First Amendment law, told CNN’s Reliable Sources on Sunday that the network had a strong case after Acosta’s press access was revoked last week.

‘I think it’s a really strong lawsuit,’ Abrams said.

‘I can understand CNN being reluctant to sue because the president keeps saying CNN is the enemy of me, and CNN might have reluctance to have a lawsuit titled ‘CNN vs. Donald Trump.’ That said, yes, I think they should sue.’

Former ABC News reporter and anchor Sam Donaldson also appeared on the program and revealed he had been asked to help prepare an affidavit to support CNN’s case.

He described the decision to ban Acosta as ‘not only wrong and unfair’ but also ‘dangerous for the press as a whole’.

While he initially said he understood CNN and Acosta had already filed the lawsuit, the network later clarified that a decision has not yet been made in regards to legal action.

‘No decisions have been made. We have reached out to the White House and gotten no response,’ CNN said in a statement.

Acosta was banned from the White House last week after a heated exchange with President Trump during a press conference.

Click here to read more.
Source: Daily Mail