5-Year-Old Boy Tests Positive for Meth After Eating Trick-or-Treat Candy

A 5-year-old boy tested positive for methamphetamines, reportedly after eating trick-or-treat candy, Galion Community Hospital staff told police Sunday. The boy was brought to the hospital for a possible seizure, according to a Galion police report.

The department released a statement on Facebook Sunday evening after a Galion resident told police a boy became sick after eating a piece of candy collected from a home on the town’s west side.

According to the police report, the parents told hospital staff the meth must have come from a piece of trick-or-treat candy the boy had been eating.

The boy’s father told police they returned home from trick-or-treating and took off their clothes before the boy fell over, having a seizure of some sort. The father said his son had only eaten a couple pieces of candy and was playing with some fake plastic teeth, according to the report.

The officer was told the candy had been thrown out in the trash at a residence on Cedargate Court. Police went to the residence and got the candy and plastic teeth from the trash to keep as evidence.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: USA Today; Mansfield News Journal, Zach Tuggle and Lou Whitmire