Polls for 2018 Election Show Democrats Are More Likely to Take the House but Not the Senate

On Nov. 6, voters in the United States of America will be going to the polls to determine their local, state, and congressional leadership.

While some hope to see Republicans maintain or even expand their majorities in Congress, others are working on creating a “Blue Wave” that will eventually reverse President Donald Trump’s policy efforts.

Recent findings from websites that analyze and compile polling data indicates an increased likelihood that the Democrats will take control of the House of Representatives. However, the findings also continue to show that the Republicans will keep control of the Senate, possibly even adding to their majority.

National Trends

RealClearPolitics averaged a series of polls from such prominent entities as Rasmussen Reports, Gallup, Quinnipiac, and NPR/Marist, among others.

In a report accessed Monday, RCP reported that President Donald Trump had a job approval rating of 44.2 percent and a disapproval rating of 52 percent.

This represents an improvement for President Trump from last week, when RCP reported a job approval rating of 43.2 percent and a disapproval rating of 53 percent.

For their generic congressional vote, also accessed on Monday, RCP had the Democrats ahead with 48.8 percent, with the Republicans having 41.1 percent.

These reported numbers are virtually identical to last week’s, when the generic congressional vote gave Democrats 48.6 percent and Republicans 41.3 percent.


In their “Senate No Toss Ups 2018” map, accessed Monday, RealClearPolitics predicted that Republicans would have 53 seats to the Democrats’ 47.

These is the exact number reported by RCP last week, but remains an improvement for Republicans compared to earlier this month, when RCP predicted a 50-50 split.

FiveThirtyEight’s model, updated Monday, gives the Republicans a 78.1 percent chance of keeping control of the Senate, while giving the Democrats a 21.9 percent chance of gaining control.

These numbers are similar to past weeks and are likely impacted by the fact that 42 of the GOP’s seats are not up for election this year, in contrast to 23 of the Democrats’ seats not being up for election.

Click here to read more.
Source: Christian Post