2018 Election Polls Suggest a Divided Congress

On November 6, voters in the United States of America will be going to the polls to determine their local, state, and congressional leadership.

While some hope to see Republicans maintain or even expand their majorities in Congress, others are working on creating a “Blue Wave” that will eventually reverse President Donald Trump’s policy efforts.

Recent findings from websites that analyze and compile polling data indicates an increased likelihood that the Republicans will maintain a comfortable majority in the Senate, while the odds that Democrats will take the House of Representatives are on the rise.

National Trends

RealClearPolitics averaged a series of polls from such prominent entities as Rasmussen Reports, Gallup, Quinnipiac, and NPR/Marist, among others.

In a report accessed Monday, RCP reported that President Donald Trump had a job approval rating of 43.2 percent and a disapproval rating of 53 percent.

This represents a very slight decline in support from last week, when RCP reported President Trump having a 43.6 percent approval rating.

For their generic congressional vote, also accessed on Monday morning, RCP had the Democrats ahead with 48.6 percent, with the Republicans having 41.3 percent.

This represents an increase in support for both parties since last week, when Democrats had 47.4 percent, while the Republicans had 40.8 percent.


Following the confirmation battle over Judge Brett Kavanaugh, Senate Republicans have jumped ahead in the polls since last week.

In their “Senate No Toss Ups 2018” map, accessed Tuesday, RealClearPolitics predicted that Republicans would have 53 seats to the Democrats’ 47.

This is an increase from last week, when RCP predicted that the GOP would have 51 seats and the Democrats 49, as well as the week before, when the map predicted a 50-50 split.

FiveThirtyEight’s model, updated Monday morning, gives the Republicans a 79.8 percent chance of keeping control of the Senate, while giving the Democrats a 20.3 percent chance of gaining control.

This is a very slight change from last week, when the model gave Republicans a 79.2 percent chance of keeping control and the Democrats a 20.8 percent chance of gaining control.

Click here to read more.
Source: Christian Post