Three White House Officials Who Were Reportedly Considering Departure Will Likely Stay Through Supreme Court Nomination

White House Director of Legislative Affairs Marc Short speaks to members of the media as he leaves a Republican conference meeting on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., June 7, 2018. (Alex Wong/Getty Images)

Three White House officials who were reportedly planning to leave their jobs will likely stay through the Supreme Court nomination process, according to an ABC News report.

White House counsel Don McGahn, legislative affairs director Marc Short and domestic policy director Andrew Bremberg all recently expressed a desire to leave the White House, but each said they will stay following Justice Anthony Kennedy’s retirement, ABC reported.

Bremberg did not explicitly say he is staying for the nomination process, according to ABC.

President Trump is looking for a replacement for Kennedy, who announced his July 31 retirement earlier this week. He said he will announce his nominee by July 9.

McGahn’s team will lead the nomination process, sources told ABC. Short and Bremberg will likely take on more minor roles in the process, according to ABC.

Short told ABC the White House is hoping to have the new court by November 1.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: The Hill, Emily Birnbaum