Before turning himself in to police on criminal charges Friday, sources say Harvey Weinstein had been hatching a plan to make a documentary on himself that would tell his side of the story.
Sources told Page Six that Weinstein was reaching out to industry sources to help him make the film, including one person whose medical bills he’d helped to pay years ago.
“He’s been trying to get a documentary done on himself,” said a film insider of Weinstein, who is out on $1 million bail and facing felony charges of rape and a criminal sex act against two women.
“He wanted to make a film he could control — he’d been calling people,” said the source.
But a rep for Weinstein told Page Six when reached for comment, “He isn’t interested in a documentary about his experience. Didn’t happen.”
The film source said that when Weinstein was pitching his planned doc, “he kept saying, ‘When this is over,’ ” referring to the scandal in which dozens of women, including movie stars Angelina Jolie, Ashley Judd and Gwyneth Paltrow, have accused him of sexual harassment and assault. He’s denied the claims.
Click here to read more.
Source: Page Six