‘No Explanation but God’: Alabama Boy Makes ‘Miracle’ Recovery After Parents Signed Away His Organs

13-year-old Trenton McKinley, his parents and doctors are all giving full credit to God for his miraculous recovery from a life-threatening situation. Two months ago, Trenton suffered severe brain damage after he was knocked out in an accident involving a dune buggy and a utility trailer. Although he was placed on life support, Trenton’s head injuries were so traumatic that his parents were encouraged to give up hope for their son’s recovery. In fact, a few days before the miracle breakthrough happened, they had signed away his organs to be donated to help other children. Trenton still faces a long, hard road to healing, but it is an out-of-this-world occurrence that he has regained consciousness, even to the point of being able to testify to God’s dealing in his recovery. In an interview with FOX10 News, he said, “There’s no other explanation but God. There’s no other way that I could’ve came back. Even doctors said it.” Here’s more from The Christian Post:

The incident occurred in Mobile County, Alabama, where Trenton was riding a small utility trailer that was being pulled by a dune buggy for kids that his friend was driving.

When his friend suddenly pressed on the brakes, the trailer flipped, causing Trenton to hit the concrete, with the trailer landing on top of his head.

His mother, Jennifer Reindl, revealed that he was rushed to USA Medical Center for emergency surgery, having suffered seven skull fractures.

“All I saw was a stretcher with his feet hanging out. He was dead a total of 15 minutes,” Reindl explained.

“When he came back, they said he would never be normal again. They told me the oxidation problems would be so bad to his brain, that he would be a vegetable if he even made it.”

The 13-year-old boy was on life support and showed no signs of improving for the next several days, forcing his parents to make the difficult decision of signing papers to donate his organs so that other children can be helped.

“Five kids needed organs that matched him,” the mother recalled. “It was unfair to keep bringing him back, because it was just damaging his organs even more.”

Only a day before doctors were scheduled to pull the plug, he suddenly started showing signs of cognition, however. The boy woke up, and is battling to make a recovery despite facing big challenges, including daily seizures and nerve pain.

“He’s a miracle,” Reindl said, noting that he’s also amazing people with his progress.

He has already been through three brain surgeries, and needs further surgery to reconnect half of his skull, which is frozen at the hospital.

– Spellman