Dwight McKissic, Sr., pastor of Cornerstone Baptist Church in Arlington, TX, whom many consider to be a prophetic voice to the nation, has released a new book, Controversial Conversations: Kingdom Reflections On Biblical & Contemporary Issues.
In the book, he addresses a broad range of topics including:
- The Baptist Church and the Holy Spirit
- The Contributions of Africa and Africans in the Bible
- The Southern Baptist Convention and Race Relations
- The Church, Homosexuality, and Contemporary Society
- A Letter to My Grandchildren
Written in the midst of some of the most consequential times in the history of America and the Church, this collection of over 30 essays by Wm. Dwight McKissic, Sr., provides a biblical perspective on issues affecting the Church, the Black community, and American society. McKissic addresses:
- How believers relate to the Holy Spirit in personal and public life
- Racism and reconciliation in the largest and most politically influential Protestant denomination
- The presence of blacks in the Bible and what that means for African-Americans today
- Hot-button issues like homosexuality, same-sex marriage, social justice, and where the church should stand on these matters.
Controversial Conversations is packed with powerful insight and prophetic perspectives, and it challenges the church to unashamedly promote biblical principles at a time when confusion and uncertainty reign in the world.
Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society, said, “Dr. William Dwight McKissic, Sr., is a rare triple-threat gift to America for, not only is he a loving pastor and a hell-rattling writer, but he is an anointed, unctionized prophet sent by God for the church, the nation, and the world ‘for such a time as this.'”
Published by St. Paul Press, the book is now available on Amazon, Amazon Kindle, and Barnes&Noble.com.
William Dwight McKissic, Sr., is the founder and senior pastor of Cornerstone Baptist Church in Arlington, TX, where he has served for 35 years. He is a graduate of Ouachita Baptist University, and has received honorary doctorates from Morris Booker Baptist College and Arkansas Baptist College. He has served as a guest lecturer at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Criswell College, the University of Minnesota, Emory University, Southern Illinois University, Wheaton College, and Harvard University. He has served on the Board of Trustees at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, TX, and currently serves on the Board of Trustees at Arkansas Baptist College, Little Rock, AR, an HBCU. He and his wife Vera have four children and twelve grandchildren.
Visit Pastor McKissic’s blog at dwightmckissic.wordpress.com. Visit Cornerstone Baptist Church online at cbcarlington.org.