Fire Destroys Home of Pastor and Family of 5 Near Gainesville, TX

Valley View volunteer firefighters battle a house fire Wednesday morning that displaced a family of five.
Valley View volunteer firefighters battle a house fire Wednesday morning that displaced a family of five.

A family of five was displaced Wednesday morning after a fire ripped through their home in Valley View, TX.

Valley View Volunteer Fire Department Chief Zack Kupper said crews were dispatched to a house fire in the 200 block of Church Street shortly before 1 a.m. when the temperature outside was below 10 degrees.

The fire was through the roof in part of the house, he said via an emailed report.

A man, a woman and their three children were out of the home and did not suffer any reported injuries, according to the email.

More than half the home received “very significant damage,” Kupper said.

“We were able to salvage several personal items from the house; however, the family has lost practically everything they own,” Kupper said.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.

The occupants reported that the fire started in a bedroom due to a space heater, he said.

Sanger, North Shore, Era and Gainesville fire departments assisted with the fire.

Kupper said the home was occupied by the family of Valley View Church of Christ Pastor Ken Cebrun and they “were put up with a local family.”

An account has been set up at First State Bank, and donations are being taken at Valley View City Hall, 308 W. O’Buch St., and the church, 202 N. McCubbin St., to help the family, according to Kupper.

Officials also reported losses from two other recent area fires.

Click here to continue reading…

SOURCE: MEGAN GRAY-HATFIELD 
Gainesville Register