Florida Boy, 6, Dies of Rabies After Touching a Sick Bat He Found in the Garden

A six-year-old boy has died from rabies he contracted after being scratched by an infected bat.

Ryker Roque died on Sunday at an Orlando hospital after touching a bat which his father Henry had found in the garden and put in a bucket.

A person can survive rabies if they are given a vaccine immediately after being infected, but Ryker’s parents only cleaned his wound and didn’t take him to the hospital because their son cried when they told him he would need a shot

A week later his fingers started to numb, he was unable to walk and began hallucinating, prompting his parents to take him to seek medical help.

He underwent experimental treatment that has only cured two patients in the US, but succumbed to the nearly always fatal disease.

Click here to read more.
Source: Daily Mail