White House to Bar Employees From Using Personal Cellphones at Work

The White House stands in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Tuesday, May 16, 2017. President Donald Trump defended wanting to share terrorism intelligence with Russian officials in a White House meeting last week, saying he has the Òabsolute rightÓ to do so. Photographer: Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg

The White House is going to start barring employees from using their personal cellphones at work, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said early Thursday.

Sanders said in a statement that the “security and integrity of the technology systems at the White House is a top priority for the Trump administration.”

Therefore, she said, the use of “all personal devices for both guests and staff will no longer be allowed in the West Wing.”

“Staff will be able to conduct business on their government-issued devices and continue working on behalf of the American people,” she added.

The change means aides in the Trump administration won’t be permitted to use their personal cellphones on the White House campus.

The new rule is reportedly being imposed by chief of staff John Kelly, according to the news outlet.

Some aides say that the rule will make it difficult for them to keep in contact with their families, Bloomberg added. The phones provided by the White House reportedly don’t allow texting, adding to staffers’ complaints.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: The Hill, Rebecca Savransky