Atlanta’s Ebony Steele, formerly of “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show,” has landed a gig on a syndicated daily talk show called “The Daily Blast Live,” which will air at 2 p.m. weekdays on 11Alive, the local NBC affiliate starting September 11.
The show will replace “T.D. Jakes Show,” which lasted one season.
“The Daily Blast” is owned by TEGNA, which also owns WXIA-TV.
According to the press release, the show will “also be streamed live across social platforms [such as Facebook] as a part of a first-of-its-kind, innovative format that enables viewers across the country to participate in the show’s conversation by sharing their reactions and opinions on stories, voting on content and interacting with the hosts in real-time.”
Here is the rest of the cast:
- Erica Cobb: a seasoned correspondent and football fanatic who has been heard on radio stations spanning the Chicago, Denver and Sacramento areas, Cobb has also appeared as a football pre-game correspondent for several television stations, including Denver’s TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate, 9NEWS (KUSA). Follow on Twitter @EricaCobbMedia
- Tracey Gold: the actress who started her on-screen career at the early age of 4 and later landed the role of Carol Seaver in the popular 1980’s sitcom “Growing Pains.” Follow on Twitter @TheTraceyGold
- Al Jackson: the stand-up comedian, writer and TV/radio personality is widely known for his “Comedy Central Presents: Al Jackson” special and hosting role on BBC’s “Officially Amazing” series. Follow on Twitter @aljackson
- Sam Schacher: a broadcast journalist who previously appeared on CNN, was a co-host on HLN’s “Dr. Drew” and contributed to the Huffington Post. She has also hosted and produced the popular internet show, Pop Trigger, since 2012. Follow on Twitter @SamSchacher
- Jeff Schroeder: the reality TV veteran who has appeared on “Big Brother,” “Amazing Race” and “Marriage Boot Camp.” He conducts the post-interviews online for “Big Brother,” the show where he met his wife. Follow on Twitter @jeffschroeder23
- Tory Shulman: a stand-up comic and UCB Improviser who is the Pop Culture Correspondent at FOX LA and the co-host on “Sam in the Morning,” airing on LA Talk Radio. She’s also been an on-air host for ReelzChannel. Follow on Twitter @iamtoryshulman
- Jen Widerstrom: a fitness expert, life coach, best-selling author and cover model who was the undefeated trainer on “The Biggest Loser” and currently serves on the advisory board for SHAPE Magazine. Follow on Twitter @JenWiderstrom
SOURCE: Atlanta Journal-Constitution – Rodney Ho