A 14-year-old girl from Lubbock, Texas, died Sunday after being electrocuted in a bathtub while using her cell phone, according to local reports.

Madison Coe was electrocuted after she either grabbed her phone that was plugged in or plugged in her phone, her grandmother Donna O’Guinn told KCBD-TV. The teen was visiting her father in New Mexico when the incident occurred.

“There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone. And that was just very obvious that that’s what had happened,” O’Guinn told the news station.

Coe’s family hopes that her death will bring awareness to the issue of phone safety, especially in the bathtub.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: USA Today, 

Advertisements