Maria Menounos says she has been diagnosed with a benign brain tumor and has announced her resignation from E! News.
Menounos tells People magazine that she underwent surgery last month to remove a golf-ball-sized tumor discovered in February. Menounos says 99.9 percent of the tumor was removed during the seven-hour procedure on June 8. She says there’s a small chance that it could come back.
E! says Monday that Menounos is leaving the network after three years. The cable network says it believes Menounos will tackle her health struggles “with the same fierce dedication she is known for.”
Menounos, who is also caring for her mother battling stage-four brain cancer, wrote a lengthy Instagram post on Monday thanking her supporters, her doctors and her fiancé Keven Undergaro.
“First I wanna say thank you all for the well wishes, prayers and support. It’s been a crazy time here in our home. I want you all to know that I’m ok! Seriously I’m recovering well and should be as good as new very very soon! Luckily I don’t need any further treatments but I can’t say the same about my mom. So please keep her in your prayers,” she captioned the photo of her and her mom.
As for how she’s feeling, the 39-year-old says her face is still numb from the surgery but should be back to normal soon.
SOURCE: The Associated Press