A number of the families, who fled North Sinai and sought refuge in Port Said, released a statement posted by Egypt Independent on Monday:

“We are the families displaced from al-Arish to Port Said in February. We are living inside small rooms inside the youth camps and the aid building. We are suffering and none of the officials or the Port Said governor will listen to us,” the statement read, noting that at the time government officials had promised them support.

“As time passed, 28 families remained in the camps and aid buildings. Three months passed without any attention from the government or officials in Port Said. The governor then declared that there was a lack of residential houses to transfer the families to, in addition to a lack to jobs, which forced the martyr Nabil Saber to return to Arish, where he was killed — a message to every Copt thinking about returning.”

Saber had fled El-Arish in late February alongside his wife and two children, International Christian Concern said earlier in May, but returned to Sinai after he was unable to find work. The Christian opened his barbershop for business, but on May 6 four masked gunmen, suspected to be IS fighters, broke into his shop and shot him dead.

Saber is one of eight other Christians who have been killed in a series of separate attacks this year at the hands of suspected IS radicals, though the terror group has claimed responsibility for larger slaughters as well, such as the two Palm Sunday bombings at churches in Alexandria and Tanta, where 45 Christians were killed.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: The Christian Post, Stoyan Zaimov

Advertisements