Former Fox News host Andrea Tantaros stepped up her fight with her ex-employer claiming in a new lawsuit that she was a victim of hacking, electronic surveillance and a social media harassment campaign that mirrors the plot of a “Homeland” episode.
Fox News operatives broke into her personal computer, planted key-logging and other surveillance software on it and then used the information “to intimidate, terrorize and crush her career through an endless stream of lewd, offensive and career-damaging social media posts, blog entries and commentary,” Tantaros claims in the lawsuit.
“The outlandish merges with reality in the world of Fox News,” she said in the complaint, filed Monday in New York federal court.
Dechert LLP, the law firm representing Fox News, rejected the allegations in an emailed statement.
“Fox News and its executives flatly deny that they conducted any electronic surveillance of Ms. Tantaros,” the law firm said. “They have no knowledge of the anonymous or pseudonymous tweets described in her complaint.”
Susan Estrich, a lawyer representing Ailes, also said the suit has no merit.
“Ms. Tantaros and her attorney continue to file one lawsuit after another in an obvious attempt to get publicity,” she said in an email. “And any suit arising out of her employment at Fox News belongs in arbitration, as they well know.”
Tantaros’s complaint follows a sexual-harassment lawsuit she filed last year. In it she said Fox operated like a “sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult.” Former anchor Gretchen Carlson sued earlier with similar claims. Other complaints from Fox News employees followed. That led to the firing of Fox News Chief Executive Officer Roger Ailes. Bill O’Reilly, the network’s top-rated host, was fired last week after women complained he sexually harassed them. And Fox’s top-rated female anchor, Megyn Kelly, bolted for NBC.
SOURCE: Bob Van Voris