‘Suspicious’ Fire at Trump Tower Caused by Faulty Machinery

Cops now say said the cause is believed to have been a piece of machinery malfunctioning
Cops now say said the cause is believed to have been a piece of machinery malfunctioning

A fire caused by malfunctioning machinery broke out at Trump International Hotel and Tower in New York in the early hours of Friday.

Authorities had initially said the blaze, which broke out shortly after 4.30am local time, was “suspicious”, according to initial reports.

But cops now say said the cause is believed to have been a piece of machinery malfunctioning, according to the Daily Mail.

The blaze began on the 47th floor of the busy hotel on Central Park in New York City, ABC7  reported.

Officials say the fire was put out at around 5.20am.

One witness Harold Mindel said on Facebook: “Waking up at 4.40am with the sounds of many fire trucks heading to Trump International Hotel and Condo at Columbus Circle and Central Park West.”

No evacuation of the luxury hotel was necessary.

But the upper floors of the building are now being vented amid concerns over carbon monoxide fumes.

One person is reported to have been treated for smoke inhalation.

The 166-apartment condo tower, which was built in 1996, features hotel-style service, health club, pool, sauna and steam room, among other amenities, according to Trump International Realty.

Residences are located from the 23rd through 52nd floors and are accessible from a private entrance on Central Park West, the company website says.

SOURCE: ELLIE FLYNN 
The Sun