Detroit Man Admits to Murdering Both His Families

Gregory Green was paroled early after stabbing his first wife to death. Then he remarried—and killed his two daughters and stepchildren.Gregory Green killed both his families, he admitted by pleading guilty in a Michigan courtroom on Wednesday.

In 1991, Green pleaded guilty to murdering his wife, who was then seven months pregnant, then called 911 to report himself. After serving 16 years for the second-degree murder charge, Green was paroled with the help of a pastor—whose daughter he married after he left prison.

Green raised Faith Harris-Green’s two children from a previous marriage and together they had a son and daughter.

Last year he murdered all four children and made his wife watch. Just as he had done 25 years before, he called the police and said he was guilty of the murders.

“He wanted to get it over with,” Green’s attorney Charles Longstreet II told The Daily Beast of Green’s guilty plea, which included four counts of second-degree murder, torture, assault, and firearm possession. Green faces 45 to 100 years in prison, Longstreet said.

At 1:15 a.m. on Sept. 21, 2016, Green called 911 and told operators he had killed his four children, he told operators. When police arrived at Green’s home in Dearborn Heights, he was standing in the driveway with his hands up, officials told the Detroit Free Press.

Inside the tidy, one-story house, police discovered a horrific scene. Green’s wife was bound to a chair in the basement, where Green had shot her in the feet and slashed her face and throat. (She survived.) Lying before her were the children from her previous marriage: Chadney Allen Jr., 19, and Kara Allen, 17. Both had been bound and shot dead.

Upstairs, police found Green and his wife’s two daughters.

Koi, 5, and Kaleigh, 4, could have been sleeping, but they were dead. Green had rigged his car’s tailpipe into the back of the vehicle and left both girls inside the running vehicle to die, prosecutors said. Then he had carried them back into the house and placed them in bed.

They bore no visible injuries.

Before she was tortured, Harris-Green had previously warned of her husband’s violent tendencies.

“He’s trying to make me leave our home,” she wrote in a 2013 request for a restraining order, obtained by the Free Press. “He’s being beligerant [sic], kicking things. He kicked the couch while the baby was sleeping on it. Just kicking things, threatening me and saying if I don’t leave, things are going to get ugly. Jumped at me like he was going to attack me. This went on for hours.”

Click here to read more

Source: The Daily Beast | Kelly Weill