The Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference is just a few weeks away. This conference will meet September 20-22, 2016, at the Shiloh Church in Jacksonville, Florida.
The primary purpose of Cutting It Straight is to train, model, and promote biblical preaching and teaching. It is a conference for pastors, preachers, and teachers. But we believe that every thing that happens in the life of the church should be a extension of the ministry of the word. For this reason, we have added several tracks to help local church ministry teams to develop and practice a biblical philosophy of ministry.
For the first time, this year’s conference will have a track focused on ministers’ wives and women’s ministry leaders. My wife, Crystal Charles, will give leadership to this track.
The goal of this track is to help those who lead women in the church to think biblical about the discipleship of women. We also want to equip women who lead women to rightly handle the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).
We are excited about our guest speakers who will lead the minister’s wives and women’s ministry track at Cutting It Straight this year!
- Nancy Guthrie is a Bible teacher, conference speaker, retreat leader, and prolific author, who has published multiple books for Bible study and Christian living.
- Autherene Jones leads the Radical Women’s Empowerment Ministry at The Church of New Beginnings where her husband, Michael Lee Jones, is the Senior Pastor.
- Rhonda Kelley is a professor at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary where he husband, Chuck Kelly, is President. She is the author of the book, Talking Is a Gift.
- Trillia Newbell serves at the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention. Trillia is also the author of the books, United and Fear and Faith.
- Wanda Smith is a conference speaker and author of The Women Speak. She and her Husband, Robert Smith Jr., will speak at Cutting It Straight this year.
Please pray for Cutting It Straight 2016. If possible, join us for this week of equipping, fellowship, and worship around the word of God. And invite a friend!
Click here for original post.