Drugs collected from Prince’s Paisley Park estate after his body was discovered April 21 were counterfeit pills that contained fentanyl, the powerful painkiller that an autopsy report said caused his death.
Nearly two dozen pills found in one Aleve bottle were falsely labeled “Watson 385,” an official told the Associated Press, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation. According to Drugs.com, that stamp is used to identify pills containing a mix of acetaminophen and hydrocodone, the AP reports. But the official also said at least one of the pills tested positive for fentanyl.
In June, autopsy results attributed the 57-year-old musician’s death to an accidental fentanyl overdose. The musician weighed 112 pounds and the quantity of the drug in his body would have killed anyone, reports the Star Tribune in Minneapolis.
Prince did not have a prescription for fentanyl, an opioid many times more powerful than morphine, according to the Star Tribune, which added that investigators are leaning toward the theory that he took the pills without knowing they contained fentanyl.
Click here to continue reading…
SOURCE: Lorena Blas
USA TODAY Life