Our aim in this podcast is: (1) to introduce you to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, the ultimate source of all healing; (2) to provide you with information that will help you to understand the problem; and (3) to help you by providing solutions to your problems.
Our passage from the Word of God today is Psalm 139:1-3. It reads, “O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.”
Our quote for today is from Michael Houdmann. He said, “The prevention plan for burnout is to rest in Jesus and follow His direction for life.”
Our problem today is “The Problem of Burnout in Your Life” (part 2) from the book, “The Guide to Biblical Counseling” by Dr. Tim Clinton and Dr. Ron Hawkins.
— First, here are some questions to ask your self if you are dealing with burnout:
1. How are you feeling physically? (If people are experiencing burnout, chances are they haven’t been caring for themselves physically. If your client hasn’t had a recent physical, recommend that he or she have one.)
2. How are you feeling emotionally?
3. How long have you felt like this?
4. When did these feelings start?
5. What prompted you to seek help now?
6. What are the stressors in your life?
7. How large a part does each stressor play in your stress level?
8. What kind of support do you get—both with your responsibilities and for yourself personally?
9. How do you perceive yourself? (For example, someone who feels that he or she must meet all the needs of an aging parent to be a “good” child is going to experience failure.)
10. What do you do for fun?
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books including the Essence Magazine, Dallas Morning News, and Amazon.com national bestseller, Letters to Young Black Men. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry.
He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others.
He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty University’s Rawlings School of Divinity (formerly Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary). He is currently a candidate for the Doctor of Ministry degree.
He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica since 1987. God has blessed their union with seven children.