Let’s take a quick look at today’s prophecy-related headlines which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. The Kremlin’s chief-of-staff said Russia will keep its most advanced air defence system in Syria despite a planned withdrawal of the bulk of Russian forces from there.
2. North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has ordered the country to improve its nuclear attack capability after watching a ballistic missile launch test.
3. China will begin civilian flights to and from a disputed South China Sea island within a year, as the government expands infrastructure on islands and reefs also claimed by other countries in region.
4. Britain’s senior counterterrorism officer said police are preparing for “enormous and spectacular” potential attacks on the UK as ISIS moves into its “next natural phase.”
5. A U.S. official has told CNN that Iran has the ability to launch a three-stage rocket with a satellite on top “at any minute.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 65:17-25
Our second coming quote for today is from James Montgomery Boice. He said, “The outstanding promise of the Old Testament – the great hope of Old Covenant Israel – was the coming (advent) of Messiah. Yet it was only the actual advent which disclosed the full meaning of that long-promised event. Similarly, the event alone will reveal to us the full meaning of the second coming, its accompaniments, and its effects. The event itself is certain: but its time, its character, its accompaniments, and its detailed effects, are concealed in language which is designed to stir up our zeal and diligence in present duty, rather than to satisfy the curiosity of inquisitive minds.”
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for over twenty-seven years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.