Michael Bloomberg tells Financial Times he’s “looking at all the options” in response to the question of whether he’s considering a run for U.S. president.
- “I find the level of discourse and discussion distressingly banal and an outrage and an insult to the voters,” Bloomberg says in interview with FT
- Says Americans deserve “a lot better”; would need to start work to get on ballots at the beginning of March
- “I’m listening to what candidates are saying and what the primary voters appear to be doing”
- NOTE: New York Times reported in Jan. Bloomberg was considering spending up to $1b on run; Bloomberg’s pollster later told Washington Post nation faces “unique moment” for candidacy
- NOTE: Bloomberg is founder and majority owner of Bloomberg News parent Bloomberg LP
SOURCE: Bloomberg Politics – Nicholas Johnston