Let’s take a quick look at today’s prophecy-related headlines which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Russia has warned of the risk of a “proxy war” in the Middle East after the U.S. said it would send special forces to Syria.
2. The head of Great Britain’s domestic security service said the Islamic State terror group is planning a massive attack in the United Kingdom, and the current level of threat posed by its homegrown members is the highest in over 30 years.
3. An exclusive report by Fox News claims Russia has been flying Iranian weapons shipments into Syria over the past 10 days, breaking with an international weapons embargo against Iran.
4. Russia said on Friday that New Zealand should move forward with a draft UN resolution aimed at reviving long-stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, but Israel says it’s “destructive” and the Palestinians say it’s not tough enough.
5. U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter called on North Korea to shrink and eventually eliminate its nuclear weapons program, while acknowledging during a visit on Sunday to the Demilitarized Zone that prospects for reconciling with the defiant North are dim.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 130:7-8 which reads: “Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption. And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Billy Graham. He said, “Jesus Christ is coming back and he’s going to come back soon. This time he’s coming back not as savior; He’s coming back as king. There’s a lot of mystery as it relates to the second coming of Christ — a lot we don’t understand. But there’s no sense in arguing about it; there’s no sense in fighting about it. None of us could be so dogmatic to say this is exactly how it’s going to happen. We just don’t know, but we do know that he’s coming back.”
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty University School of Divinity. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for over twenty-seven years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.