Let’s take a quick look at today’s prophecy-related headlines which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. A United Nations official has confirmed that the flag of the Vatican will be raised for the first time outside U.N headquarters the morning of Pope Francis’ first visit.
2. A Syrian military source said the Syrian military has recently started using new types of air and ground weapons supplied by Russia, underlining growing Russian support to Damascus that is alarming the United States.
3. Denying recent claims by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu regarding a new era in Israel’s relations with Sunni Arab states, a former top Saudi official told The Times of Israel that no Arab-Israeli cooperation can exist as long as the conflict with the Palestinians remains unresolved.
4. An article published in the Russian government-sanctioned news outlet, Sputnik, states that the airstrikes being carried out by the anti-Islamic State coalition led by the United States will not defeat the terrorist group as this can only be achieved by a united and well-armed front on the ground in Syria and Iraq.
5. US Secretary of State John Kerry said on Sunday that Russia’s military backing for the Syrian regime only risks sending more extremists to the war-torn country and could further hamper any effort at bringing peace.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 16:9-11 which reads: “Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Matthew Henry. He said, “Christ will come when he pleases, to show his sovereignty, and will not let us know when, to teach us our duty.”
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty University School of Divinity. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for over twenty-seven years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.