4-Year-Old Boy Dies After Swallowing Cinnamon

matthew-radar-dies-eating-cinnamon

A grieving mother is sharing the story of how her 4-year-old boy died after ingesting cinnamon, in the hopes that people understand the dangers of the cinnamon food challenge that has been sweeping across the internet.

Back in June of this year, Matthew Radar was acting like a normal 4-year-old boy and wanted to explore. Matthew climbed up on the cabinets in the kitchen and found a container of cinnamon. The boy began to eat the cinnamon that he had found, and he began to choke. The boy’s mother, Brianna, states that she had her back turned for less than a minute and then her whole world changed.

“He started choking, it was like he was having a seizure and just collapsed.”

The boy was quickly rushed to the hospital by ambulance. Paramedics were unable to stabilize Matthew, who died soon after arriving at the hospital. An autopsy was performed and the official cause of death was stated as an accident due to cinnamon asphyxiation.

Brianna Radar is now sharing her tragic story in the hopes to educate the public and raise awareness that cinnamon can kill when inhaled in large doses. The focus of who she wants to be aware are the children who want to participate in the cinnamon challenge.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: The Inquisitr, Louis Babcock

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s