Let’s take a quick look at today’s prophecy-related headlines which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Israel’s defense minister said on Tuesday that he did not believe a stable peace agreement could be reached with the Palestinians in his lifetime – one of the bleakest assessments from a top-level cabinet member since talks collapsed last year.
2. President Obama said on Monday that his top national security advisers were still working to solidify training plans for Iraqi defense forces battling ISIS in their own country.
3. Yemen’s exiled President Mansour Hadi has played down next week’s talks in Geneva between his country’s warring parties, saying they will only address ways to implement a Security Council resolution demanding his enemies retreat.
4. A day after a rocket fired from Gaza hit Israel’s south, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu leveled harsh criticism at the international community for its silence over a recent spate of rocket attacks while warning that a strong reprisal was forthcoming.
5. The Philippines and Japan will hold naval drills this month amid concerns over China’s aggressive expansion in the South China Sea.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 7:3 which reads: “And Samuel spake unto all the house of Israel, saying, If ye do return unto the Lord with all your hearts, then put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth from among you, and prepare your hearts unto the Lord, and serve him only: and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Ryle. He said: “There shall be no time for parting words or a change of mind when the Lord appears.”
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty University School of Divinity. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for over twenty-seven years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.