This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for June 7, 2015. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. As the Islamic State scores new victories in Syria and Iraq, its affiliate in Libya is also on the offensive, consolidating control of Moammar Gaddafi’s former home town and staging a bomb attack on a major city, Misurata.
2. Israeli fighter jets have bombed targets in the northern Gaza Strip for the second time in three days after a Palestinian group said it carried out a rocket attack on the Israeli city of Ashkelon.
3. One of the leading figures in the Russian Orthodox Church says that churches that have deemed homosexuality morally acceptable have rejected Christianity and are preparing their followers to accept the Anti-Christ.
4. Saudi Arabia said it shot down a Scud missile fired by Yemen’s Shiite rebels and their allies early on Saturday at a Saudi city that is home to a large air base, marking a major escalation in the months long war.
5. Iraqi officials say government forces and Shiite militiamen repelled two Islamic State attacks in Anbar province.
6. A Malaysian official says the bodies of nine more climbers have been recovered from the country’s highest peak a day after it was struck by a strong earthquake, bringing the total dead to 11.
7. The United Nations said Saturday that peace talks between Yemeni rebels and the internationally recognized government in exile would take place on June 14 in Geneva.
8. President Vladimir Putin of Russia called on the United States and Europe on Saturday to pressure the Ukrainian government to comply with a cease-fire accord, saying that Russia would do what it could to influence separatists in the eastern Ukrainian regions of Donetsk and Luhansk but held no sway in Kiev, the capital.
9. Officials say another person has died of the MERS virus in South Korea, putting the total number of deaths at five.
10. Cybersecurity experts advising the U.S. government say the massive hack that may have stolen the personal information of four million federal employees appears designed to build a vast database in what could be preparation for future attacks by China against the U.S.
The Bible says in Revelation 4:1: “After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from C.S. Lewis. He said: “The doctrine of the second coming has failed, so far as we are concerned, if it does not make us realize that at every moment of every year in our lives Donne’s question, ‘What if this present were the world’s last night?’ is equally relevant.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.