Let’s take a quick look at today’s prophecy-related headlines which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Salafi terrorists in Gaza who have aligned with Islamic State on Thursday claimed responsibility for Wednesday’s launching of two rockets at Israel and vowed more attacks on the Jewish state.
2. Iran’s revolutionary court imposed harsh prison sentences last week on 18 Christian converts for charges including evangelism, propaganda against the regime, and creating house churches to practice their faith.
3. Top U.S. defense officials and diplomats gathered in Stuttgart, Germany on Friday to discuss how to counter what is widely seen as Russia’s military moves in Ukraine and address concerns among allies about Moscow’s aggression, following an upsurge of fighting between the Ukrainian military and Russia-backed rebels.
4. An operation by Iraq to retake the key Sunni city of Ramadi from Islamic State militants has bogged down, exposing the weakness of Iraq’s forces and the limitations of air support from a U.S.-led coalition.
5. Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has warned of a ‘colossal threat’ of renewed fighting with pro-Russian rebels after a surge in violence that left at least 26 people dead.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is 1 Samuel 2:35-36 which reads: “And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever. And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left in thine house shall come and crouch to him for a piece of silver and a morsel of bread, and shall say, Put me, I pray thee, into one of the priests’ offices, that I may eat a piece of bread.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Pollock. He said: “Millions of graves are dug every year, but it is inspiring to think that one generation of Christians will cheat the undertaker.”
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty University School of Divinity. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for over twenty-seven years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.