This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for April 19, 2015. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Russian President Vladimir Putin warned Israel against supplying weapons to the Ukrainian government, which is battling a Russian-backed insurgency in its eastern province.
2. President Obama suggested on Friday that Iran could receive significant economic relief immediately after concluding a deal to curb its nuclear program, a gesture towards one of Tehran’s key demands.
3. The Islamic State terrorist group released a video on Sunday purporting to show its operatives shooting and beheading what it claims are 28 Ethiopian Christians in Libya.
4. Iran’s supreme leader urged the country’s armed forces on Sunday to increase their “defensive preparedness,” hitting out at a US warning of possible military action.
5. The commander of the US army in Europe has warned that Nato must remain united in the face of a “real threat” from Russia.
6. Iran on Saturday marked Army Day with a military parade featuring new weapons systems, as well as a truck carrying a massive banner reading “Death to Israel.”
7. Islamist al Shabaab militants attacked an African Union peacekeepers’ convoy on Sunday in southern Somalia, wounding at least three people and burning two vehicles.
8. US Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew has warned that the European and global economies could face uncertainty if European Union negotiations on more financing for Greece fail.
9. Human rights advocates say the Islamic militant group Boko Haram is adopting ISIS’ bloody strategy of stamping out Christianity with a frightening fervor, putting Nigeria’s 70 million followers of Jesus in danger for their lives.
10. The Yemeni commander of a vast military district covering half the country’s border with Saudi Arabia pledged support on Sunday to exiled President Mansour Hadi.
The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14: ” But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Oswald Chambers. He said: “We are apt to make the mistake of looking for God to put things ostensibly right immediately. If we dwell much on the Second Coming without having a right spiritual relationship to God, it will make us ignore the need for spiritual tenacity.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.