We don’t have to look far to see that many people in the world are dealing with a variety of problems and are in need of solutions. No matter what problem you are facing — whether it is emotional, psychological or spiritual — Jesus Christ holds the solution that you need. As we walk together in this podcast, we will address a number of topics that exist in the world and present solutions from the Bible that will help you heal and live life more abundantly. Our aim in this podcast is: (1) to introduce you to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, the ultimate source of all healing; (2) to provide you with information that will help you to understand the problem; and (3) to help you by providing solutions to your problems.
Our passage from the Word of God today is Matthew 5:28. It reads, “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.”
Our quote for today is from Chuck Swindoll. He said, “Adultery occurs in the head long before it occurs in the bed.”
Our problem today is “The Problem of Adultery in Your Life” (part 5) from the book, “The Guide to Biblical Counseling” by Dr. Tim Clinton and Dr. Ron Hawkins.
Proverbs 6:32 says, “But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.”
Now, we will offer some WISE COUNSEL for the Person Who Is the UnFaithful Spouse:
– Require full disclosure of the steps leading up to the adultrous act, the details of the relationship, and any information that was kept hidden.
– There will be a “withdrawal” factor as you break off any connection with the third party.
– You will need to reengage emotionally with your spouse by spending as much time as possible with him or her.
– You will need to begin a lifestyle of accounting for all of your time to begin to rebuild trust.
– Understand that healing will take time. Developing new patterns and a commitment to learn about yourself and your spouse on a deeper level will be involved in the healing process.
– Seeking forgiveness also involves restoration and a deeper commitment to love and honor your spouse than has been previously given.
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty University School of Divinity. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for over twenty-seven years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.