Everyone knows clothes get washed in the washing machine, but you might be surprised to know there are several other household items that you can toss in there, too. You’ll save time and money and love how fresh and clean these items are after a quick spin in your machine.
- Stuffed animals: If you have a little one, or a dog or cat, you can toss their lovies in the washing machine for a deep cleaning.
- Sneakers: Give your sneakers a good cleaning and add them to the wash. Pair them with a few towels to keep your washing machine balanced – and cut back on all the potential banging.
- Pillows: Your bedroom pillows are also safe to add to the wash. Not sure what to do? Follow these easy cleaning directions.
- Backpacks: Cloth and nylon backpacks are also safe to add to your washing machine. Just double-check for any plastic parts, and keep the water set at cold to prevent any melting or shrinkage.
- Rubber-backed rugs: The rubber-backed rugs in your bathroom or kitchen are also safe to wash in the washing machine. And washing them monthly gets rid of any lingering mold or mildew.
- Curtains: Add washing your fabric curtains to your seasonal cleaning checklist, and launder them in the washing machine. But if they have liners, or tags that suggest that they should be dry-cleaned only, take them to the cleaners.
- Chair cushions: If your kitchen or dining room chair cushions are tie-ons, you can safely clean them in the washing machine when spills happen.
Source: PopSugar | Sarah-Lipoff