This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for March 15, 2015. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Pentagon officials say the Navy plans to increase the number of its deployed ships by more than 20 percent over the next five years, providing the U.S more firepower and assets in the Middle East and Asia to meet security demands.
2. Iran and the US were racing against the clock on Sunday to close in on a nuclear deal with US Secretary of State John Kerry saying it was “time to get it done” after 18 months of intense negotiations.
3. Rolling out tanks, missiles and 100,000 men, Venezuela launched 10 days of military exercises, amid sky-high tensions over US sanctions slapped on officials accused of an opposition crackdown.
4. Pope Francis said on Friday he doesn’t expect to be Pope much longer. In an interview, he said, “I have the feeling that my Pontificate will be brief: four or five years; I do not know, even two or three. But I feel that the Lord has placed me here for a short time, and nothing more.”
5. Russia on Friday rejected U.S. concerns about its use of a former American base in Vietnam for the refueling of Russian bomber flights around U.S. territory in the Pacific, dismissing recent U.S. statements as “puzzling” and “strange”.
6. Scientists said this week that a wave of H7N9 bird flu in China that has spread into people may have the potential to emerge as a pandemic strain in humans.
7. The technology has been around for some years now, but the use of RFID (radio-frequency identification) chips and other beneath-the-skin implants has only recently become more widespread.
8. A US defense official said this week that the United States supports the creation of a West African force of up to 10,000 troops to fight Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram.
9. President Petro Poroshenko announced that Ukraine has concluded deals with eleven EU countries on the delivery of weapons, including lethal ones.
10. Israeli security officials have recommended building a barrier along the border with Jordan — the Jewish state’s only frontier that does not yet feature a fence.
The Bible says in 1 Chronicles 17:9: “I will ordain a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall dwell in their place, and shall be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the beginning.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Vance Havner. He said: “Some of the saints are singing about the Second Coming, but it is one thing just to sing the national anthem during the war and quite another to go into battle. The best evidence that the Lord’s return has really gotten hold of us is when we occupy till He come, do business for God, and buy up the opportunities because the days are evil.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.