Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Our lesson today is titled “The New Birth, Part 4”
Last week, we looked at the five things that God does for us through the new birth. Those things are:
1. God justifies us.
2. God takes us out of the family of Adam and puts us into Christ’s family.
3. God makes us His child.
4. God gives us a new spirit, and He gives us His Spirit to dwell inside of us.
5. God gives us eternal life.
Today, as we close out this lesson series, let’s look at how we can know for sure that we have experienced the new birth. Each one of us should know for sure whether or not we have truly been born again, and God has given us some definite ways by which we can know.
1. We know that we have received the new birth by the Word of God. 1 John 5:13 says, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life…” When we are born again, God’s Spirit will make the Word of God real to our hearts, and we will know from God’s Word that we are saved. I recall that before I got saved, I found it difficult to read and understand the Word of God. However, after I got saved — after I was born again — the Word of God was understandable and easy to read. It was as if my eyes had been opened. You will experience this as well.
2. We know that we have received the new birth by the witness of the Spirit. Romans 8:16 says, “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.” When we are born again, God’s Spirit comes to dwell within us, and He bears witness with our spirit that we are a child of God. This is not something that we can explain or prove to someone else, but we know that it is true in our hearts.
3. We know that we have received the new birth by our actions. 1 John 3:14 says, “We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren.” When we are truly born again, our actions will change. We will want to obey God and His Son, Jesus Christ. We will begin to love the things that are right and hate the things that are wrong. We will have love in our hearts for unsaved people, and we will want them to be saved. We will also love other Christians.
All of these things will begin to happen because we have been born again.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour, John 3:16 states, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
The Bible also says in Romans 10:9 and 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and I want to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Him as my Savior and follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! I want to congratulate you on doing the most important thing in life and that is receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Until next time, May the Lord Bless You!
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for over twenty-seven years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.