Super Bowl XLIX between the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots kicks off Sunday night at 6:30 p.m. ET. The game will be televised by NBC. Here is everything you need to know, including how to watch the game live on television or online and how to listen to it on radio.
NBC.com is streaming the Super Bowl in its entirety on its website, including NBC’s pre-game coverage, the halftime show featuring Katy Perry, as well as post-game coverage. Streaming will begin at noon ET (9am PT), and continue until 10pm ET (7pm PT).
NBC’s Sports Live Extra apps will also stream the action via their tablet apps for iOS, Android and Windows, but NBC doesn’t have the rights to stream to mobile devices, so streaming to iPhones, Android phones and Windows phones won’t work. The apps may ask you to log in with your cable account if you access live video ahead of time, but NBC has promised that this won’t be the case starting at noon ET Sunday.
Verizon subscribers will also be able to watch the Super Bowl on their phones, thanks to the NFL Mobile apps for iPhone, Android, Windows Phoneand Blackberry. Sorry, subscribers to other carriers need not apply — this one is a Verizon exclusive.
The NFL audio pass offers a live audio feed with commentary for $9.99. The subscription will also allow users to access archived NFL events throughout July.
- What: Super Bowl XLIX (Super Bowl 49)
- Where: University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ.
- Teams: Seattle Seahawks (NFC) vs. New England Patriots (AFC)
- Kickoff Time: 6:30 p.m. ET
- TV: NBC
- Announcers: Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, Michele Tafoya
- Online Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra | NFL Mobile (Verizon customers) | More Streaming Options
- Radio: Westwood One — Kevin Harlan, Boomer Esiason, James Lofton, Mark Malone [Westwood One station finder]
- Canada: Kevin Harlan, Boomer Esiason on Westwood One
- England: Rocky Boiman and Darren Fletcher on BBC Radio 5 Live
- England: Channel 4, Sky Sports, BBC Radio 5 Live
- Russia: NTV+
- Mexico: Televisa, FOX Sports, TV Azteca, ESPN
- Italy: FOX Sports 2 HD, Italia 1 HD
- Germany: SAT:1
- Canada: NBC simulcast on CTV, RDS
- Australia: Seven Network, 7mate and ESPN