We don’t have to look far to see that many people in the world are dealing with a variety of problems and are in need of solutions. No matter what problem you are facing — whether it is emotional, mental, psychological or spiritual — Jesus Christ holds the solution that you need. As we walk together in this podcast, we will address a number of topics that exist in the world and present solutions from the Bible that will help you heal and live life more abundantly. Our aim in this podcast is: (1) to introduce you to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, the ultimate source of all healing; (2) to provide you with information that will help you to understand the problem; and (3) to help you by providing solutions to your problems.
Our passage from the Word of God today is Isaiah 41:10. It reads, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Our quote for today is from Benjamin Lotter. He said, “Today is a new day. Yesterday’s mistakes cannot affect today’s possibilities unless you dwell on them.”
Our problem today is “The Problem of Abortion in Your Life” (part 5) from the book, “The Guide to Biblical Counseling” by Dr. Tim Clinton and Dr. Ron Hawkins:
Today, we want to offer some “Action Steps” you can take to deal with abortion:
If You Are Contemplating Abortion:
1. Consider Options. You may feel that your only option is an abortion. This simply isn’t so. Throughout the United States, there are nearly 3000 Crisis Pregnancy Centers staffed by volunteers who want to give true alternatives and who will lovingly help you. Find the nearest Crisis Pregnancy Center in your community. Look in the Yellow Pages under the heading “Abortion Alternatives” or call 1-800-848-LOVE. (To find more resources or a crisis pregnancy center in your area, go to www.lifecall.org.)
2. Communicate. You will need to communicate with other family members about the situation. Assess how to do that (depending on what you know of the family members). if needed, get a third party, such as a pastor, counselor, or trusted friend involved in such a conversation.
3. Get Help. Get your parents or a trusted friend to contact the Crisis Pregnancy Center with you.
4. Follow Up. Set another appointment with your pastor or counselor to follow up on your progress. Although you may regret your pregnancy, you can begin immediately to make some wise choices regarding the future of your baby.
If You Have Had an Abortion in the Past:
1. Tell Your Story. Continue to tell your story through future counseling sessions and journaling.
2. Get Help. Several organizations and materials exist to facilitate the healing from abortion. To help with this, please feel free to check out Post Abortion Treatment and Healing atwww.HealingAfterAbortion.org. Also, check out Silent No More Awareness atwww.silentnomoreawareness.org.
3. Find Support. If there is a confidential grief support group in your area, I would encourage you to attend their sessions.
4. Be Reassured. God loves you and accepts you just as you are. God has forgiven you and He wants you to forgive yourself and move forward in His plan for you.
Healing from an abortion is a process and certainly cannot be accomplished in one counseling sessions; however, healing is possible. Forgiveness, including an ability to accept God’s forgiveness and to forgive yourself, are possible through God’s grace.
Abortion is not the unforgivable sin.
In our final podcast on this subject, we will offer some “Biblical Insights” to dealing with abortion.
Dear friend, if you do not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, may I encourage you to get to know Him today. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live forever with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will. Romans 10:13 says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you need further coaching please visit our website at: http://www.ordainedchaplainsusa.org.
If you have other questions about life’s problems for this podcast, please email us email@example.com.
Until next time, my friend remember that God has a solution to all of your problems.
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for over twenty-seven years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.