Ravens President says it’s Time to Move On from Ray Rice Situation

Ray RIce
Ray RIce

After settling a grievance with disgraced former running back Ray Rice, the Baltimore Ravens say the organization is ready to move forward from a dark moment in franchise history.

“The Ravens agreed to resolve the grievance with Ray Rice,” Ravens president Dick Cass said in a statement Friday. “It’s time to turn the page, and we’re moving forward.

“We will continue to focus on being the best partner we can be with our community, and that includes our work with the House of Ruth and One Love Foundation on the issue of intimate partner abuse.

“We wish Janay and Ray Rice the best.”

The settlement came shortly before a grievance hearing was scheduled to begin Thursday in front of arbitrator Shyam Das.

Rice had been seeking back pay for wrongful termination after the Ravens cut him in September, shortly after the infamous video surfaced of Rice punching out Janay Rice — his fiancée at the time and now his wife — during a February incident in an Atlantic City casino elevator.

The NFL increased Rice’s suspension from two games to an indefinite ban the same day. But an arbitrator later overturned the second suspension.

Rice is free to sign with any team but has not drawn interest to this point.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero
USA TODAY 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s