Welcome to God’s Solutions for Today’s Problems podcast. This is podcast #3. My name is Daniel Whyte III, president of Ordained Chaplains USA and Life coach. We don’t have to look far to see that many people in the world are dealing with a variety of problems and are in need of solutions. No matter what problem you are facing — whether it is emotional, mental, psychological or spiritual — Jesus Christ holds the solution that you need. As we walk together in this podcast, we will address a number of topics that exist in the world and present solutions from the Bible that will help you heal and live life more abundantly. Our aim in this podcast is: (1) to introduce you to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, the ultimate source of all healing; (2) to provide you with information that will help you to understand the problem; and (3) to help you by providing solutions to your problems.
Our passage from the Word of God today is 2 Corinthians 12:9. It reads, “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
Our quote for today is from Max Lucado. He said, “God loves you just the way you are, but he refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus.”
Our problem today is “Abortion” (part 3) from the book, “The Guide to Biblical Counseling” by Dr. Tim Clinton and Dr. Ron Hawkins:
Today, we want to discuss some questions for you to consider if you are contemplating an abortion or if you have already had an abortion. Feel free to write or type out your answers and share them with a counselor, pastor, or other leader whom you respect.
For the Woman Contemplating Abortion:
1. How do you know that you are pregnant? Have you had a medical examination?
2. How far along are you in your pregnancy?
3. What are your current life circumstances?
4. What do you expect will be your family’s response to your pregnancy?
5. Do you have adequate social support?
6. Who is the baby’s father? What kind of relationship do you have with him?
7. Have you considered any other options besides abortion? Have you thought about carrying the baby to term?
8. What do you see happening in your life if you have an abortion? What do you see happening if you make a different choice?
9. Do you have any questions about pregnancy and abortion?
For the Woman Who Had an Abortion in the Past:
1. What is currently causing distress in your life?
2. Discuss what happened (By breaking your silence, you are beginning the healing process.)
3. What were the main reasons at the time for your making the choice that you did?
4. Do you feel depressed, down, or sad most of the time?
5. Do you have difficulty eating or sleeping?
6. Do you have suicidal thoughts? (If so, contact Hope for the Heart at 888-667-5947 or Christian Suicide Prevention at 888-667-5947.)
7. Are you using drugs or alcohol to deal with the pain?
8. How are you managing life now? What triggers your pain?
9. Do you feel that you have been forgiven by God? Why or why not?
10. Do you feel that you can forgive yourself? Why or why not?
In our next podcast we will offer some “Action Steps” to dealing with abortion.
Dear friend, if you do not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, may I encourage you to get to know Him today. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live forever with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will. Romans 10:13 says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you need further coaching please visit our website at: http://www.ordainedchaplainsusa.org.
If you have other questions about life’s problems for this podcast, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time, my friend remember that God has a solution to all of your problems.