“…Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding” (Daniel 2:20-21).
“…the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will” (Daniel 4:32).
“…till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will” (Daniel 5:21).
The mark of a wise ruler, prime minister, king, or president is that he or she understands that there is an “Invisible hand” which rules this world, and that they, whether they are a believer in God or not, are placed in the position of leadership by God to do what He wants done in the earth. That leader must understand that God rules in the affairs of men. The governmental leaders who fail to recognize and obey this “invisible hand” will do so at their peril, no matter how smart and gifted they may be.
Like so many others in our world, I am impressed with the gifts that God has bestowed upon Barack Obama. It is true that President Obama is smart, shrewd, charming, and he knocks people dead with that million dollar smile. I often told my wife and children during the presidential campaign that he was probably going to win, if for no other reason, because of that great smile. Be that as it may, even though Barack Obama is apparently well-equipped for the job of President of the United States and the leader of the world, humanly speaking, he can have all of those gifts and abilities and not truly recognize or obey the “invisible hand” of God as it relates to our country, our world, our economy, and in the social realm. Recognizing and obeying this “invisible hand” is the true mark of a great leader. Right now, President Obama is showing himself to be smart, capable, and even presidential, but I am afraid he is not showing himself to be wise.
Let me show you what I mean using some examples from the Holy Scriptures:
- Pharaoh was smart, built great works, and ruled a mighty empire, but when God said “Let my people go,” Pharaoh did not recognize the “invisible hand” of God, and he did not take heed to what the invisible, Almighty God was doing in his nation, thus bringing upon himself and his country devastating consequences.
- Saul was a smart, tall, and good-looking king, but he did not recognize the “invisible hand” of God. While he thought he was doing good and that everything would work out alright, he was actually disobeying God’s direct commands, and thus he brought on himself, his family, and the nation devastating consequences.
- King Nebuchadnezzar was smart, powerful, a great leader, and he knew about God’s power, but he ignored the “invisible hand” of God to his peril and was found eating grass like an animal to permanently help him to realize Who was truly in control.
- King Belshazzar, just like his father, was smart and powerful, and he definitely knew about God’s power because he saw how God made his father eat grass like an animal. But he, too, chose to ignore the “invisible hand” of God, and thus brought on devastating consequences – his death and the overthrowing of his empire.
In President Obama, we apparently have another shining, charismatic, gifted, and smart governmental leader, who is very capable and shows great judgment in certain areas, but I am afraid he does not understand the glaring principle of the “invisible hand” of God. Like rulers of the past, either he does not truly recognize the “invisible hand” of God or he chooses to ignore the “invisible hand” of God as Nebuchadnezzar did. Either way, it will be devastating for this country, sometimes referred to as a shining “city on a hill,” if he does not begin to recognize, acknowledge, and obey the “invisible hand” of God. Let me show you why I say that. Notice with me what he has done in his first 100 days that says to me he is not allowing God to control his decisions:
- On January 23, 2009, President Obama reversed the former president’s abortion funds policy and lifted the global abortion gag rule. This policy restored funds to the groups who kill millions of innocent babies each day across this country. Dr. Frank Page just said yesterday in a CBN report that “what is striking here is not only that he did such things, but that he did it so quickly.” In my opinion, this shows a gross lack of wisdom.
- On March 9, 2009, President Obama overturned the former president’s policy on stem cell research. This decision allows federal taxpayer dollars to fund significantly broader research on embryonic stem cells.
- On March 18, 2009, President Obama announced his support of the U.N. Declaration which supports homosexual marriage, just three months after the former president’s administration refused to endorse it. And little by little, homosexual marriage is being legalized. Whether Barack Obama knows homosexuality is against biblical principles or not, I do not know, but he certainly, personally believes that there is something wrong with it, because he said that he believes that marriage should be between a man and woman, at the Saddleback Civil Forum on the Presidency, when he was a candidate.
Even though this article is not really about the economic situation, anybody with common sense knows that you cannot spend and borrow your way out of debt. The Bible says very clearly that “The borrower is servant to the lender.” Unless the President and the rest of us are willing to learn Chinese and eat with chopsticks, we better stop this borrowing and spending real fast. It has never worked in the past and it never will work. Allow me to repeat a simple truth here that I have shared with many people in the past: if you had to borrow money to get it, you don’t own it; somebody else does.
These are all things that go against the eternal, moral, and biblical principles of God. Throughout history, we have seen time and time again, how that when governments, leaders of governments, and the people under these governments throw off of themselves the eternal laws and principles of God, the nation crumbles.
Sodom and Gomorrah crumbled because of homosexuality. Israel and Judah fell because of idolatry. Babylon was destroyed because of their disrespect of God. Rome destroyed itself because of greed and immorality. And remember, God destroyed the entire world because of sin during Noah’s time. God’s Word says, “Righteousness exalteth a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.”
Here’s What the President, Ministers, and You Need To Do
What President Obama needs to do to prevent God’s judgment against this country is repent and reverse these ungodly acts, by humbling himself before the Lord and rising above his personal feelings, politics, and popularity and do what is biblically and morally right. Not only does his Christian faith that he claims he has go against these things, but even his Muslim upbringing goes against these things. Because, even though he may think we are not a “Christian country,” we are certainly a country built upon the principles laid out in the Hebrew and Christian Bible. Even the Koran, which is a part of his life background, is against these things.
What God-honoring pastors and ministers need to do, and this includes the following: Joel Hunter, T.D. Jakes, Frank Page, and Kirbyjon Caldwell, is stop pussy-footing around with Obama, and as the prophets of old did, stand flat-footed, and “cry aloud and spare not,” and tell President Obama “Thus saith the Lord” and warn him that he is treading on dangerous ground, and if he does not reverse his ways, the “invisible hand” of God will begin to work against him. I perceive in Barack Obama to be a young man who not too many people have said “no” to down through the years. One of these men of God or a group of men of God ought to come to him and tell him, face-to-face and eyeball-to-eyeball, to reverse these things, get on a path that is compatible with the Scriptures, or we will cease advising you and the titanic will finish sinking.
What God-fearing Christians, such as you ought to do are the following three things:
- Get right with God yourself. “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14).
- Pray for the president and his family. “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.” (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
- “Pray without ceasing” for only God can help us now.