Let’s take a quick look at today’s prophecy-related headlines which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
First, today, under the Sign category of DISTRESS AMONG NATIONS — According to Reuters, the United States plans to station around 150 tanks and armored vehicles in Europe for use by U.S. forces training there by the end of this year. Lieutenant-General Ben Hodges, commander of the U.S. Army in Europe, said some of the tanks and vehicles — enough to equip an armored brigade — could be placed in Poland, Romania or the Baltic states. A U.S. armored unit was already in the pipeline to go to Europe earlier in 2014, when it was needed as part of U.S. measures to reassure eastern European allies in response to the Ukraine crisis. Hodges said he expected the U.S. measures, which include an expanded exercise program, to go on throughout 2015 and into 2016.
Second, today, under the Sign category of THE TURMOIL IN ISRAEL & THE MIDDLE EAST — According to Reuters, the United States on Tuesday imposed sanctions on nine new targets, saying the entities and people targeted had supported Iran’s efforts to avoid sanctions and backed the government’s human rights abuses, including censorship. US Treasury Department officials said in a statement that the latest move was part of an effort to enforce existing sanctions while the United States and other countries continue to negotiate with Iran over its nuclear program.
Third, today, under the Sign category of THE TURMOIL IN ISRAEL & THE MIDDLE EAST — According to The Jerusalem Post, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas signed 20 international agreements on New Year’s Eve, including the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court, paving the way for criminal charges against Israel for alleged war crimes committed in Palestinian lands. The Obama administration stood strongly opposed to what it called an “entirely counter-productive” move taken by the Palestinian Authority toward membership at the International Criminal Court. Jeff Rathke, Director of the Office of Press Relations at the State Department, said in a statement, “It is an escalatory step that will not achieve any of the outcomes most Palestinians have long hoped to see for their people.”
Fourth, today, under the Sign category of EARTHQUAKES IN DIVERS PLACES — According to Sputnik International, a 5.3-magnitude earthquake has hit Iran’s southern Bush-ehr Province near the country’s nuclear power plant.
The earthquake hit the town of Shon-beh where it damaged several buildings, but no information on casualties was available.
Fifth, today, under the Sign category of SIGNS IN THE HEAVENS — According to Fox News, people along the East Coast reported seeing a bright fireball in the skies on Monday evening at about 6:35 p.m. The American Meteor Society says it received more than 330 reports. The fireball was seen from Montreal, Canada, to Maryland and Delaware. One person in New Hampshire reported seeing flames.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Exodus 19:7-8 which reads: “And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the Lord commanded him. And all the people answered together, and said, All that the Lord hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the Lord.”
Allow me to share with you some commentary on this passage from the Popular Bible Prophecy Commentary, edited by Tim LaHaye and Ed Hindson.
There are 12 reasons the New Covenant is a superior and final replacement for the Mosaic Covenant. Paul provides the first seven reasons:
1. The Messiah is the goal and completion of the Torah.
2. Believers are now under grace, not the Torah.
3. Believers no longer need a tutor to reveal our innate, terminal sinful condition. That tutor (the law) prescribed that the only antidote and cure to our terminal state is the Messiah.
4. We who are alive in Christ are necessarily released from the Torah. We were once married, but after a spouse dies, we are free to remarry. We are released from the law and alive in Messiah.
5. The law of Christ (our freedom within the New Covenant) provides liberty in lifestyle for the purpose of winning others.
6. The Mosaic law has been nailed to the cross. In comparison to the New Covenant, Paul labeled the Torah the ministry of death. The New Covenant is a ministry of life!
7. The Mosaic law was abolished for the purpose of uniting Jewish and Gentile
believers together in Messiah.
8. Implicit in the very fact of the New Covenant’s being promised to Israel is the inferiority of the Old Covenant it is designed to replace, as well as the fact that the Old Covenant’s days are numbered and limited. The deficiencies of the Mosaic Covenant are addressed within the very fabric of the New Covenant.
9. Jesus came to fulfill the Torah through His perfect obedience, even to the point of death.
10. Peter labels the Mosaic law a yoke that Jews cannot bear.
11. The key argument of the author of Hebrews is that with a new and improved permanent priesthood necessarily comes a new and improved permanent law, yielding a new and improved permanent hope by which to relate to God, who provides a permanent guarantee of a new and improved permanent covenant based upon new and improved promises.
12. Two millennia ago, the author of Hebrews wrote that the Mosaic Covenant was obsolete, old, and disappearing. That which was on the verge of disappearing two millennia ago is now completely replaced by a superior covenant.
If the Lord tarries His coming and we live, we will continue looking at the prophetic passages of the Bible in our next broadcast / podcast.
Our second coming quote for today is from G. Campbell Morgan. He said, “I never begin my work in the morning without thinking that perhaps he may interrupt my work and begin his own. I am not looking for death, I am looking for him.”
If you are not ready for the return of Jesus Christ, may I encourage you to get ready today by receiving Him as your Savior. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will. Romans 10:13 says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh. Let us join in the prayer of John the Revelator — “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” God bless you.
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for over twenty-seven years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.