[ca_audio url_mp3=”http://media.blubrry.com/godssolutionsfortodaysproblems/content.blubrry.com/godssolutionsfortodaysproblems/solutions-1.mp3″ url_ogg=”” download=”true” align=”none”] (Download/Listen to MP3)
Welcome to God’s Solutions for Today’s Problems podcast. This is podcast #1. My name is Daniel Whyte III, president of Ordained Chaplains USA and Life coach. We don’t have to look far to see that many people in the world are dealing with a variety of problems and are in need of solutions. No matter what problem you are facing — whether it is emotional, mental, psychological or spiritual — Jesus Christ holds the solution that you need. As we walk together in this podcast, we will address a number of topics that exist in the world and present solutions from the Bible that will help you heal and live life more abundantly. Our aim in this podcast is: (1) to introduce you to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, the ultimate source of all healing; (2) to provide you with information that will help you to understand the problem; and (3) to help you by providing solutions to your problems
Our passage from the Word of God today is 2 Corinthians 1:3-4. It reads, “Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.”
Our quote for today is from Lee Roberson. He said, “Nothing but encouragement can come to us as we dwell upon the faithful dealing of our Heavenly Father in centuries gone by. Faith in God has not saved people from hardships and trials, but it has enabled them to bear tribulations courageously and to emerge victoriously.”
Our problem today is “Abortion” from the book, “The Guide to Biblical Counseling” by Dr. Tim Clinton and Dr. Ron Hawkins:
Kate is in trouble—big time. She’s got a scholarship waiting at her chosen college, a great boyfriend, a leadership role in her church youth group, and an at-home pregnancy test that just turned positive. She can’t give up her dreams for this one mistake. Besides, it’s such a simple procedure, and no one needs to know…
Allow me to share with you some statistics on abortion:
– Nearly half of pregnancies among American women are unintended, and four in ten of these are terminated by abortion
– Twenty-two percent of all pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion
– In 2005, 1.21 million abortions were performed, down from 1.31 million in 2000. From 1973 through 2005, more than 45 million legal abortions occurred.
Allow me to share with you “Definitions and Key Thoughts” regarding Abortion:
– The term abortion actually refers to any premature expulsion of a human fetus, whether naturally spontaneous, as in a miscarriage, or artificially induced, as in a surgical or chemical abortion. Today the most common usage of the term abortion applies to artificially induced abortion.
– You must understand that with an unplanned pregnancy, the “quick and easy” choice is neither quick nor easy, but will carry repercussions for the rest of your life.
– Often some women choose to keep the abortion a secret, especially if you are part of a Christian community that you perceive might be judgmental or condemning. Your own family members might not know. Therefore the grief and loss surrounding an abortion may remain unprocessed for years.
– An abortion is not only experienced as a loss but also often as a trauma. Some of the possible side effects are both a tendency to re-experience the trauma, such as distressing dreams or flashbacks, a tendency toward denial, and the attempt to avoid all thoughts or feelings associated with the abortion.
– Possible other side effects from the trauma of an abortion are emotional numbness, sleep disorders, difficulty concentrating, hypervigilance, depression, guilt, and an inability to forgive oneself.
– Coping alone with the reality of an abortion is isolating and may reinforce your sense of shame. Self-destructive behaviors, such as substance abuse, may also be present.
In our next podcast we will discuss “Myths About Abortion” and offer some “Wise Counsel”
Dear friend, if you do not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, may I encourage you to get to know Him today. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live forever with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will. Romans 10:13 says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you need further coaching please visit our website at: http://www.ordainedchaplainsusa.org.
If you have other questions about life’s problems for this podcast, please email us email@example.com.
Until next time, my friend remember that God has a solution to all of your problems
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in over twenty-five foreign countries. He is the author of over forty books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts/podcasts, which include: The Prayer Motivator Devotional, The Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report, the Second Coming Watch Update and the Soul-Winning Motivator, among others. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, a Master’s degree in Religion, a Master of Divinity degree, and a Master of Theology degree from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for over twenty-seven years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.