On top of the heartwarming tastiness of hearty baked potato soup, we added crumbly bacon, shredded cheese, green onions and sour cream.
what you need
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 lb. baking potatoes (about 2), baked, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced, divided
- 8 slices cooked OSCAR MAYER Center Cut Bacon, crumbled, divided
- 3/4 cup KRAFT Cheddar CLASSIC MELTS Cheddar & American, divided
- 1/4 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
MELT butter in large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add yellow onions and celery; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Add next 4 ingredients; bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Slightly crush potatoes with back of spoon. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 min., stirring frequently.
RESERVE 1 Tbsp. green onions and 2 Tbsp. each bacon and cheese. Add remaining green onions, bacon and cheese to soup; cook 5 min. or until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
SERVE topped with reserved green onions, bacon, cheese and sour cream.