Authorities say carbon monoxide killed two people in a recording studio and led to the hospitalization of 12 others in a New Jersey building.
Passaic Mayor Alex Blanco said at a news conference Saturday that police responded to a 911 call about 1:30 p.m. and found the two dead on the second floor. He says the other 12 victims “experienced confusion and were choking” as they tried to leave the mixed-use commercial building. They are being treated at local hospitals.
The cause of the carbon monoxide poisoning is under investigation.
SOURCE: The Associated Press