[ca_audio url_mp3=”https://www.buzzsprout.com/4994/223111-israel-considers-attack-on-iran-as-talks-produce-no-deal-gorbachev-organizes-new-int-l-body-second-coming-watch-sunday-roundup-44.mp3″ url_ogg=”” download=”true” align=”none”] (Download/Listen to MP3)
This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for November 23, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. According to the Jerusalem Post, Historic negotiations with Iran will reach an inflection point on Monday, as world powers seek to clinch a comprehensive deal that will, to their satisfaction, end concerns over the nature of its vast, decade-old nuclear program. But reflecting on the deal under discussion with The Jerusalem Post on the eve of the deadline, Israel has issued a stark, public warning to its allies with a clear argument: Current proposals guarantee the perpetuation of a crisis, backing Israel into a corner from which military force against Iran provides the only logical exit. Israel insists its hands will not be tied by an agreement reached this week, this month or next, should it contain a clause that ultimately normalizes Iran’s home-grown enrichment program.
2. According to Russia Today, Former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev says that he’s working on a strategy of stabilizing the international situation by introducing a new effective global dialogue platform to augment the “lame UN.” Gorbachev said “serious-minded world circles” asked him to come up with such a platform during the celebrations of the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall earlier in November. He said, “It’s going to be a very big thing…aimed at becoming a global platform for discussion of problems. It must be very representative, capable of influencing both state and international institutions, authoritative because the UN is, unfortunately, lame at the moment.”
3. According to Reuters, a senior Turkish official said on Saturday that Turkish soldiers are training Kurdish peshmerga fighters in northern Iraq and will give similar assistance to a new national army unit in Baghdad as part of the struggle against Islamic State. The announcement came as U.S. Vice President Joe Biden held meetings in Istanbul with Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan and Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu on how to tackle Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq. Turkey, a NATO member with a 1,200 km border with Syria and Iraq, has refused to take a frontline military role in the U.S.-led coalition against the Islamic State insurgents, arguing that air strikes alone will not bring lasting stability.
4. According to the Associated Press, a strong earthquake struck a lightly populated, mountainous area of western China, killing at least 5 people, injuring 54 others and collapsing homes. The U.S. Geological Survey said the magnitude-5.9 quake hit Saturday about 30 kilometers (20 miles) from the town of Kangding in Sichuan province. China’s seismological agency put the magnitude at 6.3.
5. According to the New York Times, President Obama decided in recent weeks to authorize a more expansive mission for the military in Afghanistan in 2015 than originally planned, a move that ensures American troops will have a direct role in fighting in the war-ravaged country for at least another year. Mr. Obama’s order allows American forces to carry out missions against the Taliban and other militant groups threatening American troops or the Afghan government, a broader mission than the president described to the public earlier this year. The new authorization also allows American jets, bombers and drones to support Afghan troops on combat missions.
6. According to Voice of America, a powerful 6.8-magnitude earthquake shook central Japan on Saturday night, injuring more than 20 and causing several homes to collapse. The quake was centered near Nagano and was felt as far away as Tokyo. No tsunami warnings were issued. Rescuers pulled 21 people out of the debris of their wrecked homes. The quake also temporarily halted high-speed train service, caused several major roads to collapse and shut down others because of landslides.
7. According to the Jerusalem Post, German Chancellor Angela Merkel rejected the idea of Germany recognising Palestine as a state unilaterally, saying the Palestinians and Israel could solve their long-running conflict only through negotiations. Since the 28 EU member states would need to decide unanimously on recognizing a Palestinian state, Merkel’s objection mounts to a veto on the subject. Merkel told a news conference in Berlin that the aim should be that both sides agree on a two-state solution — Israel and a future Palestine — co-existing side by side. She added, the “unilateral recognition of the Palestinian state would not move us forward on the way to a two-state solution.”
8. According to AFP, a US military spokesman said that China is building a massive island in the South China Sea that could host an airfield in an area where Beijing is locked in bitter territorial disputes with neighbouring states. The vast land reclamation project on the Fiery Cross Reef in the Spratly Islands is one of several pursued by China but the first that could accommodate an airstrip. Lieutenant Colonel Jeffrey Pool said, “It appears that’s what they’re working toward.” He added that a harbour also has been dug out on the east side of the reef that appears large enough for tankers and naval warships.
9. According to CNN, the head of the National Security Agency said China and “probably one or two other” countries have the capacity to shut down the nation’s power grid and other critical infrastructure through a cyber attack. Admiral Michael Rogers, who also serves the dual role as head of U.S. Cyber Command, said the United States has detected malware from China and elsewhere on U.S. computers systems that affect the daily lives of every American. Rogers said the malware “enables you to shut down very segmented, very tailored parts of our infrastructure that forestall the ability to provide that service to us as citizens.” He added that such attacks are part of the “coming trends” he sees based on “reconnaissance” currently taking place showing that nation-states or other actors may be able to exploit vulnerabilities in U.S. cyber systems.
10. According to Reuters, Russia warned the United States against supplying arms to Ukrainian forces fighting pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine, hours before U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden was due to arrive in Kiev. Ukraine accused President Vladimir Putin of treating its territory like a “playing field”, trying to unleash a full-scale war that would pose a broader threat to NATO countries. The Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman said in Moscow that a U.S. official’s suggestion that Washington should consider sending arms to Ukraine, where pro-Russian rebels have been fighting government forces since April, sent a ‘very serious signal…that would be a direct violation of agreements reached.’
The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3: “For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from G. Campbell Morgan. He said: “I never begin my work in the morning without thinking that perhaps he may interrupt my work and begin his own. I am not looking for death, I am looking for him.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
If you are not ready for the return of Jesus Christ, may I encourage you to get ready today by receiving Him as your Savior. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will. Romans 10:13 says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh. Let us join in the prayer of John the Revelator — “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in twenty-three foreign countries. He is the author of thirty-four books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts, The Prayer Motivator Devotional and the Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report and the Second Coming Watch Update. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, and a Master’s degree in Religion from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for twenty-five years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.