[ca_audio url_mp3=”https://www.buzzsprout.com/4994/219824-breaking-prophecy-news-where-are-we-headed-part-5-the-prophet-daniel-s-report-502.mp3″ url_ogg=”” download=”true” align=”none”] (Download/Listen to MP3)
First, today, let’s look at some Signs of His Coming in the news.
The disciples asked Jesus in Matthew 24:3, “What shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?” Jesus Christ then went on to give them (and us) clear signs that show us when we can begin to expect to see the coming of the Lord and the end of the world. Those signs include:
1. the appearance of false Christs and false prophets
2. wars and rumors of wars
4. pestilences (fatal epidemic diseases)
5. earthquakes in divers (various) places
6. increased persecution of believers
7. the Gospel being preached in all the world
8. signs and great wonders in the heavens (involving the sun, moon, stars, and planetary movements)
9. distress and perplexity among people
10. increased violence “as in the days of Noah”
11. increased homosexuality and sexual immorality “as it was in the days of Lot”
12. the rise of “Gog and Magog” (which many Bible scholars believe refers to Russia)
13. the rise of the “kings of the east” (which many Bible scholars believe refers to China)
14. increase in knowledge (science and technology)
15. apostasy in the church
16. interest in a unified world government to bring about global peace
17. interest in the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem
The Bible also speaks of other signs which will be evident in “perilous times” in Second Timothy 3. Those signs are people being:
23. disobedient to parents
26. without natural affection
28. false accusers
31. despisers of those that are good
35. lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God
36. having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.
Other signs of the times which have been gleaned from Scripture include:
37. scoffers who mock of Christ’s return
38. movement toward a one-world religion
39. outpouring of the Holy Spirit
40. outbreak of demonic and occultic activity
41. re-establishment of Israel
42. Arab hostility toward Israel
43. re-unification of Europe
44. movement toward a one-world economy
Looking at world events through the lens of the Word of God, let’s look at some headlines from today’s news that point to the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
First, today, under the Sign category of DISTRESS AMONG NATIONS — According to the Associated Press, former Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev said on Saturday that tensions between the major powers have pushed the world closer to a new Cold War. The 83-year-old accused the West, particularly the United States, of giving in to “triumphalism” after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the dissolution of the communist bloc a quarter century ago. Gorbachev said, “The world is on the brink of a new Cold War. Some are even saying that it’s already begun.” He called for trust to be restored through dialogue with Moscow, and added that failure to achieve security in Europe would make the continent irrelevant in world affairs.
Second, today, under the Sign category of THE TURMOIL IN ISRAEL & THE MIDDLE EAST — According to Reuters, the latest report by a UN watchdog indicates that Iran is failing to address suspicions it may have worked on designing an atomic bomb, potentially complicating efforts by world powers to reach a deal with Tehran on its nuclear program. The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency said Tehran had still not provided information it was due to produce more than two months ago to help advance a long-running IAEA inquiry into suspected nuclear weapons research. The confidential document was issued to IAEA member states less than three weeks before the November 24 deadline by which Iran and six global powers are seeking to end a decade-old standoff over the Islamic Republic’s atomic activities.
Third, today, under the Sign category of THE TURMOIL IN ISRAEL & THE MIDDLE EAST — According to The Jerusalem Post, additional European nations have reportedly threatened to follow Sweden and unilaterally recognize Palestinian statehood if peace talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority are not relaunched. A Wall Street Journal report published late Friday cited senior US and European officials as reporting the potential move that some of Washington’s main allies have considered. One official was quoted as saying, “We are not going to wait forever.”
Fourth, today, under the Sign category of EARTHQUAKES IN DIVERS PLACES — According to USA Today, a swarm of hundreds of earthquakes in Nevada has intensified recently, prompting experts to warn people to be ready in case larger ones hit. Starting in July, some 750 earthquakes, mostly magnitude 2.0 to 3.0, have struck a corner of the Nevada desert near the Oregon border. Scientists believe groundwater is slowly percolating along the faults and building up pressure, making movement on the faults much easier. Alison Ryan, a spokeswoman for Oregon’s Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, said, “If you are not ready for an earthquake, now is an awfully good time to get ready.”
Fifth, today, under the Sign category of WARS & RUMORS OF WARS — According to Al Arabiya News, Iraqi tribal sources said the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, Abu Bakr al-Bagh-da-di, was “critically wounded” when a U.S.-led air strike targeted the western Iraqi border town of al-Qaim. U.S. Central Command confirmed in a statement that air strikes targeted ISIS leaders near their northern Iraqi hub of Mosul late on Friday, without confirming whether Baghdadi was killed. U.S. Central Command said, “This strike demonstrates the pressure we continue to place on the ISIL [ISIS] terrorist network and the group’s increasingly limited freedom to maneuver, communicate and command.”
The Bible says in Luke 21:34: “And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more Second Coming-related news on our website at Second Coming Herald.com
Now, it’s time for Prophecy Bootcamp.
Prophecy Bootcamp is where we deal with the basics of prophecy, the Second Coming of Christ, and what will happen in the future according to the Bible. Our aim here is not to make predictions but to help you get prepared by understanding how things will unfold in the end times.
Our topic for today is titled “Where Are We Headed? (Part 5)” from Dr. Ed Hindson’s book “Revelation: Unlocking the Future”.
We are going to look at the latter 5 basic patterns which emerge in the book of Revelation.
6. The Marriage of Christ and the Church. The church’s absence from chapter 4 through chapter 18 is best explained by the fact that she has already been raptured to heaven to participate in the marriage supper of the Lamb. Here she receives her rewards, crowns, and robes of righteousness prior to her procession back to earth with the Savior.
7. The triumphal return of Christ. The climax of the Apocalypse comes in Revelation 19:11-21, when the glorified Christ returns as King of kings and Lord of lords with His Bride, the Church, at His side. He returns to conquer all opposition to His reign and to establish His Millennial Kingdom on earth.
8. The Millennial Kingdom. Jesus Christ will reign upon the earth for one thousand years (a millennium) while Satan is bound in the “abyss.” During this time, God’s promises to Israel will be fulfilled. The Messiah shall reign from Jerusalem over all the earth in peace, blessing, and prosperity.
9. The final triumph. Even after one thousand years of earthly blessing, Satan will once again attempt to destroy the kingdom of God by one final act of rebellion. This time his defeat is final, and he is cast into the lake of fire. The Great White Throne Judgment follows, when even death and hell are cast into the lake of fire.
10. The eternal state. The Revelation describes eternity as “a new heaven and a new earth.” It also emphasizes the significance of the New Jerusalem in the celestial state. God is pictured dwelling with His people in an eternity of peace and blessing. Suffering and death are no more and every tear is wiped away. Paradise is truly restored, and the saved have access to the tree of life.
Lord willing, we will continue looking at this topic on our next broadcast/podcast.
In closing, let’s consider what God wants you and me to do in light of His Second Coming.
Jesus Christ said in Luke 19:13 to “Occupy till I come.” In light of that, we are continuing our Bible study series on the books of First & Second Thessalonians which Paul wrote to believers who had concerns about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, and what they should do as they waited. This section is titled “The Fate of the Earth (Part 1)” from the book “Waiting on the Second Coming” by Ray C. Stedman.
Having been in the Middle East where I was able to observe personally many of the turbulent currents that are challenging the peace of the world in that area, I realize why people are concerned about the fate of the earth. The title of this chapter is borrowed from a book by Jonathan Schell. Published in 1982, it describes in chilling detail what would happen if this country went through a nuclear war. It is a grim and pessimistic account that offers little hope if such a holocaust should occur. President Jimmy Carter’s remarks in his farewell address capture the essence of it: “The survivors, if any, would live in despair amid the poisoned ruins of a civilization that had committed suicide.”
The fifth chapter of 1 Thessalonians also deals with the fate of the earth, but from God’s point of view. Unlike the pessimism of the secular prophets, there is a strong note of hope amid the darkness and judgment predicted. In the closing verses of chapter 4, dealing with the second coming (or parousia) of Christ, we learned that Christians are not waiting for the judgments and wrath of God but for the coming of the Son of God, either at their own death or when He breaks into time in the event described in verses 16-18. Ignoring the chapter division inserted by some unnamed scribe, the thought continues into chapter 5 with the transition of the conjunction “but.” Whenever we come upon the word “but” in the Scriptures, we can be sure we are turning a corner; the same subject will be covered, but from a different perspective and direction.
If the Lord tarries His coming and we live, we will continue looking at this topic in our next broadcast/podcast.
Remember the words of the Lord in Matthew 24:42: “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.” Matthew 24:44 says, “Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”
If you are not ready for the return of Jesus Christ, may I encourage you to get ready today by receiving Him as your Savior. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will. Romans 10:13 says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh. Let us join in the prayer of John the Revelator — “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” God bless you.
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in twenty-three foreign countries. He is the author of thirty-four books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts, The Prayer Motivator Devotional and the Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report and the Second Coming Watch Update. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, and a Master’s degree in Religion from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for twenty-five years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.