[ca_audio url_mp3=”https://www.buzzsprout.com/4994/219169-gorbachev-world-headed-to-new-cold-war-iran-stalls-nuclear-investigation-1-500-more-u-s-troops-going-to-iraq-second-coming-watch-sunday-roundup-42.mp3″ url_ogg=”” download=”true” align=”none”] (Download/Listen to MP3)
This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for November 9, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. According to the Associated Press, former Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev said on Saturday that tensions between the major powers have pushed the world closer to a new Cold War. The 83-year-old accused the West, particularly the United States, of giving in to “triumphalism” after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the dissolution of the communist bloc a quarter century ago. Speaking at an event marking the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, Gorbachev said, “The world is on the brink of a new Cold War. Some are even saying that it’s already begun.” He called for trust to be restored through dialogue with Moscow, and added that failure to achieve security in Europe would make the continent irrelevant in world affairs.
2. According to ABC News, President Obama has authorized the U.S. military to send up to 1,500 more troops to Iraq in a non-combat role to help battle the growing threat of ISIS. In a statement, the Pentagon said Obama had made the decision “at the request of the Iraqi Government.” This would almost double the amount of troops in Iraq, bringing the total number of U.S. forces to about 3,100.
3. According to Reuters, the latest report by a UN watchdog indicates that Iran is failing to address suspicions it may have worked on designing an atomic bomb, potentially complicating efforts by world powers to reach a deal with Tehran on its nuclear program. The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency said Tehran had still not provided information it was due to produce more than two months ago to help advance a long-running IAEA inquiry into suspected nuclear weapons research. The confidential document was issued to IAEA member states less than three weeks before the November 24 deadline by which Iran and six global powers are seeking to end a decade-old standoff over the Islamic Republic’s atomic activities.
4. According to The Jerusalem Post, additional European nations have reportedly threatened to follow Sweden and unilaterally recognize Palestinian statehood if peace talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority are not relaunched. A Wall Street Journal report published late Friday cited senior US and European officials as reporting the potential move that some of Washington’s main allies have considered. The official was quoted as saying, “We’re not going to wait forever.” The report comes amid a heightened wave of unrest in Jerusalem, where tensions are raising the prospect of a new Palestinian uprising .
5. According to Reuters, U.N. atomic inspectors say Iran’s stockpile of low-enriched uranium gas has grown by 8 percent to nearly 8.4 tonnes in about two months, an amount world powers probably will want to see cut under any nuclear deal with Tehran. The International Atomic Energy Agency issued a confidential report on Iran to IAEA member states on Friday, less than three weeks before a Nov. 24 deadline for Iran and six world powers to resolve their stand-off over Tehran’s atomic activities. Iran’s holding of refined uranium gas is one of the factors that could determine how much time it would need for any attempt to assemble nuclear weapons. Iran says it has no such goal but the West wants verifiable action by the Islamic Republic to make sure it cannot produce an atomic bomb any time soon.
6. According to the Jerusalem Post, the EU’s new foreign affairs chief Federica Mogherini said on Saturday that the entire European Union seeks the establishment of a Palestinian state. During a visit to Gaza, she said, “We need a Palestinian state — that is the ultimate goal and this is the position of all the European Union.” Mogherini stressed that the residents of the coastal enclave along with the rest of the world “cannot afford” another war. She added, “We cannot just sit and wait. If we sit and wait it will go on for another 40 years. We have to have action now.”
7. According to USA Today, a swarm of hundreds of earthquakes in Nevada has intensified recently, prompting experts to warn people to be ready in case larger ones hit. Starting in July, some 750 earthquakes, mostly magnitude 2.0 to 3.0, have struck a corner of the Nevada desert near the Oregon border. Scientists believe groundwater is slowly percolating along the faults and building up pressure, making movement on the faults much easier. Alison Ryan, a spokeswoman for Oregon’s Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, said, “If you are not ready for an earthquake, now is an awfully good time to get ready for an earthquake.”
8. According to the Jerusalem Post, Hamas has declared the formation of a “popular army” at the Jabaliya refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip on Friday. A spokesman for the al-Qassam Brigades — Hamas’s military branch — said the 2,500 recruits would form “the first section of the popular army for the liberation of al-Aksa and of Palestine.” A Hamas official said those older than 20 could sign up “to be prepared for any confrontation” with Israel.
9. According to Bloomberg, a U.S. defense official said U.S. and allied aircraft conducted airstrikes near the Iraqi city of Mosul that targeted a gathering of Islamic State leaders. The airstrikes destroyed a 10-vehicle convoy and military officials are working to determine if Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was among those killed.
10. According to The Telegraph, China will soon have the world’s most secure major computer network, making communications between Beijing and Shanghai impenetrable to hackers and giving it a decisive edge in its quiet cyberwar with the United States. In two years’ time, a fibre-optic cable between the two cities will transmit quantum encryption keys that can completely secure government, financial and military information from eavesdroppers. The cable is being funded by the central government and is supported by the Central Military Commission. It will initially mostly be used for money transfers by ICBC, the world’s largest bank.
The Bible says in Revelation 11:19: “And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from D. L. Moody. He said: “I never preach a sermon without thinking that possibly the Lord may come before I preach another.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
If you are not ready for the return of Jesus Christ, may I encourage you to get ready today by receiving Him as your Savior. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will. Romans 10:13 says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh. Let us join in the prayer of John the Revelator — “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in twenty-three foreign countries. He is the author of thirty-four books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts, The Prayer Motivator Devotional and the Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message, the Prophet Daniel’s Report and the Second Coming Watch Update. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, and a Master’s degree in Religion from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for twenty-five years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com. Follow Daniel Whyte III on Twitter @prophetdaniel3 or on Facebook.